Saturday 3 October 2015

September 2015: Dividend Update!

    September is one of my quieter dividend months, but just like every other month the dividends come in nice and steady with no effort or early mornings on my part! Every third month of a quarter is my lightest month, with the monthly distributions forming the base of the income, with a helping hand from Suncor. I am also very excited that for the first time this year, the on average lowest paying month just exceeded the highest single month of dividend income that I received in October 2014, just short of a full year ago!


Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
22.21

Veresen
VSN
14.24

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.52

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
10.68

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.4
First dividend received
Suncor
SU
5.8
+.20 , Dividend raise!
Total Dividends

71.85


    Currently, I am very happy at watching the steady progress that I have been able to achieve over the last two years. From my first year of starting to invest in 2013, where my total accumulated dividend income was $13.56, to my 2015 YTD running total of almost $830! It is really starting to build up into some considerable income.

    Even just this months passive income would be able to just about cover half of my monthly transit expenses that I incur having to go to work. Or, it could be used to cover a good portion of my monthly grocery costs. However, I definitely prefer to put it to work as soon as possible to buy into more dividend paying companies to further my income and hopefully one day in the not too far future to retire comfortably on.

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress in less two years. Looks like you may cross over $1,000 in 2015. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been pretty exciting seeing the month over month progress and seeing how even little additions are making an impact! And I think you are right! Should be hitting that first $1,000 in dividend income in a single year by the end of this year! Definitely going to keep going, especially with the tangible results piling up!

      Thank you again for stopping by to take a look and posting.

      Delete