Saturday 31 October 2015

October 2015: Dividend Update!

    October is ending this Halloween night, and with the months conclusion I have had many treats in the form of my monthly and quarterly dividends. With a new months high of $213.53 in dividend income! A modest $5.13 more than the last comparable quarter, or almost half an hour of working at a minimum wage job.

    I love being able to literally see the results of my hard work; putting the money I save every month to work for me. Having dividend paying stock reward me every month or quarter, steadily growing and increasing my future buying power of even more shares. And these monthly posts allow me to see, compare and highlight where my dividend growth is coming from. Usually in the form of a dividend increase, or having had bought additional shares in a company.


Company
Ticker (TSX)
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
22.21

Veresen
VSN
14.24

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.52

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
10.68

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Algonquin Power & Utility
AQN
45.44
FX Rate: +$0.64
Bank of Nova Scotia
BNS
40.60
Dividend Increase! +$1.16
BCE Inc.
BCE
39

Toronto Dominion
TD
22.44

Total Dividends

213.53
 +$5.13

    This time my increase from the last month was due purely to a dividend increase from the BNS. As well as a weaker Canadian dollar which increased my $US payout from AQN. Also from that last comparable month, I had sold my shares of the exchange traded fund ZDV and replaced them with the higher dividend yielding VSN.

    October also has provided me with another dividend treat. With the months end and my last dividend received from TD I have received a total of over $1,000 in passive income so far this year! This is the first time that I have earned that much in a year, with my 2014 dividend totaling $393.53, 2015 has seen momentous strides for my portfolio.

    Not only have I surpassed my 2015goal on getting above $1,200 in estimated yearly dividend income, it looks like I will pass that in actual dividend income received by the end of the year!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, BNS and TD. Those divvy's keep rolling in. Congrats on a nice total for October as well as surpassing your 2015 dividend goals. Between fresh capital and dividend increases you will be enjoying greater and greater dividend income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its always great to see those big chunks of bank dividends come in, even better when they are higher than the last time without buying anything! Certainly takes the edge off having to pay for those bank account fees.

      And totally agree, as my dividend income rises, it is getting easier and easier for me to make new purchases as I have to save less of my own money from working. Hoping to put out a watchlist soon and buy some more shares within the next 1-3 weeks.

      Delete
  2. Good job, Wisp. Loved the tweet. Mwahahha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Seemed like a good opportunity to work in a good Mwahahahahha!

      Delete
  3. Solid dividend income, looks like we share many of the same companies in our portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its definitely starting to get up there and helping with new buys as well. And we totally have quite a few shared companies that we each own, they must be good ones!

      Delete