Saturday 13 June 2015

May 2015: Income & Expenses

    The month of May is over and done with, and all the money that came in through work and dividends are in, as well as all the money I spent as well! I am happy to report that I have once again managed to spend less than I made, resulting in a nice little savings rate of 16%. Not too shabby for renting a place and working on near minimum wage if I do say so my self.


Income
$
Work
1349.35
Other
55
Dividends
82.79
Total
1487.14

    Overall income for the month was pretty good considering the number of hours I managed to get, I could have had more but I have decided to put a greater focus of my time on personal development/job hunting. I am very pleased with the uptrend of my monthly divided totals, where my passive income stream now out paces my 'other' income derived from tips at work. As well as their continuing ability to start matching some of my monthly costs, even though all dividends in fact 100% used on new investments.

Expenses
$
Rent
750
Phone
28.25
Travel
84
Groceries
148.04
Restaurants
119.45
Entertainment
77.65
Other
42.9
Total
1250.29

    My total expenses for the month were fairly normal if not slightly on the high side. Food related costs such as groceries and restaurants were higher than usual as I wanted to treat myself a bit with some good meals, as well as treating my girlfriend to a date night at one of Toronto's best Pizza restaurants, well worth it!!
    Overall not too bad of a month considering both my income and expenses, I managed a savings rate of 15.9%. With dividends representing 5.6% of my income this month, and would have been able to cover 6.6% of the months expenses. With less than two years of saving and investing in dividend paying stocks I am very happy with my progress so far!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment