Friday 4 November 2016

August 2016: Dividend Update!

    August continued the steady stream of dividend income for me. This month it edged up a bit higher than the previously comparable month by $0.28. The increase in income is from both Pizza Pizza Royalty fund and the National Bank of Canada paying out higher.

   In just a little bit more time, I am hoping to have another dividend raise, or perhaps a new purchase to bump the second month of every quarter's dividend income to over $100.

Company
Ticker (TSX)
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
20.5

Veresen
VSN
8.33

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.98
+0.22, Div increase
Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
15.20

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Royal Bank
RY
32.40

National Bank
NA
3.30

Total Dividends

99.11
+0.28

    I have not had a lot of dividend income growth in the past few months. As I have not added any new positions, or additions to my portfolio since I had a combination of fewer hours at work during the summer, combined with having saved some cash for an engagement ring as I noted in my July Income and Expenses post.

    I am however happy to see some organic dividend growth from some of my companies increases their dividends. The increase in Pizza Pizza's monthly distribution made for a nice additional 'topping' to August's dividend income.  :)

   I have made some smaller purchases recently which I will make a post on and update my portfolio as well. And I am keeping an eye on a few dividend income orientated stocks as well.

4 comments:

  1. Good work Wisp! You'll be over $100 before you know it. Congrats on the Engagement ring...i too remember saving for that baby! Keep it up,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to be so by that time next quarter. Thank you! Certainly worth it; and looking forward to hitting my annual savings target in 2017 :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering why not many posts here. Nice to see you back with the update. Hope your September income was good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it has been more of a writers block/motivation issue really than having the time, although that has been part of it. Inspiration seems to always hit just before I have to go to work!

      Delete