Thursday 27 August 2015

August 2015 Dividend Update!

    August has come to a close and I have received my dividends for the month. I always like to think myself very fortunate for being able to have thus far in my life build up a portfolio of stocks that consistently contribute to my monthly income, and better yet get instantly saved within my brokerage account.

    Better yet, as I continue my journey into investing and with tracking my progress I have come to appreciate how each addition to my portfolio increases my passive income stream. The jump in income from quarter to quarter, and even more so from the previous year, and soon to be years is simply amazing. The previous comparable quarter brought in an awesome $82.79, August 2014 was a near record high at the time with $36.94! Going back all the way to August 2013 my records show earning seventeen cents from the meager beginning of my savings using mutual funds. There has been a lot of growth in my portfolio in that time, and it is simply that time and effort that has seen my dividends grow.


Company
Ticker
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
22.21

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
10.68

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.52

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Veresen
VSN
8.16

National Bank of Canada
NA
3.12
+.12 from div raise
Royal Bank of Canada
RY
30.80

BMO Cdn. Div ETF
ZDV
2.7
Sold the shares
Total Dividends

96.59


    Now in August 2015 I have received $96.59 in 100% tax-free income thanks to my TFSA. With a good portion of that coming from my base of monthly paying dividend companies. And a small boost to that bottom line is from a small dividend increase from National Bank of Canada.

    Also noted is that this should be the last month where I receive a monthly distribution from the exchange traded fund ZDV, since I sold my shares in them a couple weeks ago. However, that loss will be replaced and increase from additional shares bought of VSN.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the dividend income, DW.

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to say that I worked hard for the money (insert song tune here), but I barely lifted a finger :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Looking forward to seeing your results, they always rock!

      Delete
  2. Patrick,

    Congratulations on your dividend income for August. Continued success to you!

    -DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (Sorry for the late reply!) August was a great month, and this Septembers progress is also looking great! Post to come soon!

      Delete