Sunday 3 September 2017

April 2017: Dividend Update

    April is one of my big dividend months, with the majority of my quarterly dividend stocks paying out. Which means I get to see some big, juicy dividends hitting my Questrade Brokerage Account.


Company
Ticker (TSX)
$(Cdn)
Notes
Dream Office REIT
D.UN
20.5

Veresen
VSN
8.33

Pizza Pizza
PZA
9.98

Pembina Pipeline Corp.
PPL
15.2

RioCan REIT
REI.UN
9.40

Algonquin Power & Utility
AQN
79.41
+$8
Bank of Nova Scotia
BNS
42.92
+$1.16
BCE Inc.
BCE
40.95
+$2.1
Toronto Dominion
TD
34.8
+$2.9
Total Dividends

261.49
+$10.90

    From the previously comparable month I have had some good dividend growth for quite a few of these positions. With dividend raises from BCE, TD and BNS, as well as the ever fluctuating foreign exchange rate with AQN. Although I do expect to be getting a fair bit less for the rest of the year from AQN as the Canadian Dollar strengthens against the US Dollar.

    Overall I am super happy to be receiving over $260 in dividends in a single month. That is no small chunk of change to be sure! Its comparable to having worked for 6 hours at minimum wage. Except that I did not have to actually work it, and instead I got paid for saving!

4 comments:

  1. Good work Wisp! Keep up the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was no work at all ;)
      I'v been aiming to add more monthly paying companies to help even out the month to month variation in my portfolio.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. April, I am sadly behind on my dividend reporting posts :(

      Delete